Session Title: Digging Into 21st Century Learning Skills
Timeframe: 25 minutes (more if you get hooked)
- Objective 1 – Learn about strategies and suggestions for improving and implementing one of the Four C’s (Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Communication & Creativity) into your daily instruction.
Objective 2 – Integrate one of the Four C’s into your instruction within the next week.
1) Select: Choose one of the Four C’s of 21st Century Learning that you would like to focus on for this session.
2) Read (10 min): Click on and read through one of the following 21st Century Learning Skills exemplar documents.
3) Plan (10 min): Based the ideas from the exemplar synopsis, plan how you might integrate the target skill into your instruction in the next week.
4) Post (3 min): In the comment section below, post your response to the following:
- Write your MVP (most valuable point) from today’s learning.
- Share how you will integrate one of the Four C’s into a lesson in the next week.
Bonus Extension Activities:
- Stretch Yourself: Develop a lesson the integrates multiple 21st Century Learning Skills.
- Collaborate: Work with a colleague to plan a lesson the requires groups of students from different classes to work interdependently.
- Dig Deeper: Visit the 21st Century Learning Skills video archive on this blog.