The Introduction Module
The Timeframe: 45 minutes (more if you get hooked)
- Objective 1 – Analyze why integrating 21 Century Learning Skills into our pedagogy is essential.
- Objective 2 – Evaluate a recent lesson they developed based on the NYSUT Rubric indicators that assess 21 Century Learning Skills
- Objective 3 – Plan future personalized PD regarding the 4 C’s
- Reflect While You Watch: Jot down your thoughts in reference to the following two questions pertaining to the information from the video.
- Identify 3 priorities of schools in the 19th and 20th Centuries.
- Identify 3 “new” priorities schools must embrace in the 21st Century.
3) Evaluate: With a colleague, share your responses to the following two discussion prompts.
- Describe a recent lesson you planned that leveraged one of the “4 C’s” of the 21st Century Learning Skills.
- Evaluate the lesson based on at least 3 of the NYSUT Rubric indicators using the Cheat Sheet (click here to view it).
5) Plan: Rank the 4 C’s in the order you would like to explore them in future staff meetings
6) Post: In the comment section below, post your responses to the following three questions.
- Write the MVP (most valuable point) from today’s learning.
- Share a lesson idea that leverages a 21st Century Learning Skill
- State which skill you plan to learn about during the next session.
Optional Extension Activities: Consider stretching yourself with these activities!
- Review the P21 curriculum map for your content area and identify potential activities you could use in class that align with the 21st Century Learning Skills.
- Collaborate with a colleagues to develop a lesson that aligns with the 21st Century Learning Skills and can be taught in both classes. After the lesson share how it went.