This page is dedicated to helping us understand the concept of 21st Century Learning Skills. All of this information comes from the http://www.p21.org website.
- A Simple Description: The skills, knowledge and expertise students must master to succeed in work and life in a globally interconnected society.
- An Overview: Click here for a two page summary.
The 21st Century Core Themes
- Global Awareness
- Financial, Economic, Business & Entrepreneurial Literacy
- Civic Literacy
- Health Literacy
- Environmental Literacy
The 21st Century Core Skills
I. Learning and Innovation Skills:
II. Life and Career Skills:
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Inititive & Self Direction
- Social & Cross-Cultural Skills
- Productivity & Accountability
- Leadership & Responsibility
III. Information, Media & Technology Skills:
- Information Literacy
- Media Literacy
- Information, Communication & Technology Literacy (ICT)
21st Century Skills Maps: Click here for all the content specific maps with examples, activities and content alignment.