The Athena High School Mission: “Our graduates will be prepared for success in college and career in the 21st century.”
Digging Into Our Data: Each year we complete the Response to Intervention Reflection Survey in our PLC groups to track our growth, improvement and targets, relative to our efficacy in the area of our responses to intervention. We continue to for a third year to report that we are making gains in many of the RtI indicators. The data also reveal areas we can continue to improve on. AIT will use this data to guide the SIP development for next year in the area of RtI. Click here for a summary of the results for each area of the survey.
Principal Feedback Surveys: Please complete and return my feedback surveys asap (Click here to download another copy). Your feedback is invaluable to me as I seek to continually improve. Please be fair, honest and professional. I would appreciate it if you treat this the way you want your evaluations treated. Thanks.
Need to Know:
- Year End Checklist – Prior to leaving for the summer on June 27th, you must complete the Closing Checklist. This document was put in your mailbox on Tuesday of this week. Do not leave without completing this document and handing in to Anna Christopher.
- Graduation is Saturday June 28th at 10 pm – Join us is you can to celebrate another fantastic group of young men and women that we have helped mold and shape as they graduate from Athena.
- Tuesday June 24th is PLC Time – Use your Tuesday meeting time this week to prepare for your PLC Presentation or wrap up for the year.
- District Professional Development Day on Wednesday, June 25th – Click here to see where you are assigned. If you are not assigned to a district location see your administrator.
- Staff Breakfast on Thursday, June 26th – We will have a staff breakfast from 7:45-8:15 next Thursday before or final staff meeting of the year.
- Final Staff Meeting on Thursday, June 26th – We will hold our final staff meeting of the year at 8:15 on Thursday.
- Graduation Rehearsal – If you are signed up to participate in graduation please be at the APAC at 11:45 on Friday, June 27th.
- iPads and Laptops – If you have a district iPad or Laptop it must be turned in to Kathleen Harrison prior to the end of the day on Friday. The district technology guys will need time with these devices over the summer.
Nice to Know:
- PLC Presentation Summaries – We have now completed about half of the PLC Presentations and they have been outstanding. Click here to view the summaries and PPT’s provided by some of the teams.
- 2014-2015 District Timelines and Calendars – Click here.
- AIT Representative Needed – If you are interested in serving on the Athena Improvement Team next year, we are looking for representatives. If you are a teacher please let John Clifford know. If you are a support staff member please let Kathleen Harrison know.
- Common Athena Syllabus Content – Click here to download a copy of the common syllabus information. Please copy and paste this into your syllabus for next year for all courses.
A Parting Thought: Any group of educators committed to a common purpose, a collaborative instructional culture and professional standards can and will change the trajectory of any child regardless of all other factors. The students at Greece Athena need this from each and everyone of us. Today, as I write my last update as the Athena High School Principal I am energized by the work we have completed together over these past three years in each of these areas. It has been an honor and a privilege to serve this community along side each of you. Each of you is engaged in high and noble calling as an educator. The work you do is at times thankless and often exhausting, but it is always critical. I will miss each of you and look forward to hearing the great things that will result from your continued commitment to the mission of our school, a culture of collaboration and professionalism. Thank your for the opportunity to be your principal. Trojan Pride!