The Athena High School Mission: “Our graduates will be prepared for success in college and career in the 21st century.”
Senior Prank: This morning I arrived bright and early and our maintenance staff was cleaning up toilet paper that was strung through the trees in the back lot by seniors around midnight the night before. No students entered the building and the seniors involved came forward to own up to their actions and accept the consequences. Students were given a range of community service hours equitable to the amount of wasted tax payer money required to cover the cost of police, maintenance and administrative time to address and clean up. These students also helped us avoid a planned water balloon fight during lunch. While their actions the night before were not acceptable, I was proud that they owned up to it this morning and accepted the consequence with out argument. There were rumors that students were arrested last night. The police did not arrest any of the students as they had not entered the building and dispersed when the police arrived.
Need to Know:
- Tuesday June 17th is a PLC Time – Use your staff meeting time this week to prepare for your PLC Presentation.
- PLC Presentations: Please refer to Kathleen Harrison’s email regarding the time of your PLC Presentation. Click here to review the expectations.
- Regents Exam Week Calendar – Click here for this year’s June exam calendar.
- AIT Representative Needed: If you are interested in serving on the Athena Improvement Team next year, we are looking for representatives. If you are a teacher please let John Clifford know. If you are a support staff member please let Kathleen Harrison know.
- Zone Printer Issue: I recieved the foloowing for the district office about the new zone printers. “Upon deploying the model HP425dn printers, it was found that the printers do not always wake up when something is sent to them. I was told that the display screen indicates “Initializing” and stays that way until someone intervenes at the printer. These printers were purchased for rooms: 100A, 102, 105, 109, 212, 249, 310, 314D, 316 & 317.”
Nice to Know:
- 2014-2015 District Timelines and Calendars – Click here.
- Leadership Positions for 2014-2015 – Click here for a list of extra curricular and leadership positions you may want to consider applying to be a part of next year.
- Important Year End Dates – Click here for the updated list of important dates to end the year.
- Common Athena Syllabus Content – Click here to download a copy of the common syllabus information. Please copy and paste this into your syllabus for next year for all courses.
Only 1 more days of school with students and then exams!