The Athena High School Mission: “Our graduates will be prepared for success in college and career in the 21st century.”
NYSED School Report Card – As mentioned at this weeks staff meeting, our annual school report card was released last month. This report is generated by the Steve Department of Education and is used to evaluate the quality of each school. This year’s Athena report showed continued growth and improvement across the board in virtually every area of school accountability. In particular, our graduation rates continue to increase and we are up 3% since the preceding year. Also of note our suspension rate is continuing to decline which indicates that the work we continue to do to ensure safety and appropriate behavior is a top priority is having a significant impact. We are clearly headed in the right direction.
Need to Know:
- Tuesday June 3rd there is No Staff Meeting – To accommodate the Senior Reflective Conferences on Friday there will be no staff meeting on Tuesday.
- Senior Reflective Conferences are on Friday June 6th – Friday will be a half day with all students leaving at 10:15. We will not modify the schedule. All staff will be scheduled to participate in conferences from 11:15 to 3pm.
- Common Athena Syllabus Content – As mentioned at the Staff Meeting on Tuesday, we will all include our collective commitments in each syllabus next year. Click here to download a copy of the common syllabus information. Please copy and paste this into your syllabus for next year for all courses.
- June Exam Week Proctoring Assignments – Click here to review your proctoring assignments for Regents Exam Week. See Mr. Bellini or Mrs. Inclema if you have any questions.
- PLC Presentations During Exam Week – Kathleen sent out a sign up sheet with a range of dates and times for each PLC team to sign up to present to the Admin team. Click here for a copy of the presentation description and expectations.
Nice to Know:
- Congratulations to the Varsity Baseball Team – The boys made it all the way to the Sectional Championship game at Frontier Field this year. Congratulations on a great season.
- Greece Youth Hall of Fame Inductees – Congratulation to Latecia Agee and Courtney Olbrich on being inducted into the Greece Youth Hall of Fame earlier this month. Both are impressive young women with incredible accomplishments.
- Leadership Positions for 2014-2015 – Click here for a list of extra curricular and leadership positions you may want to consider applying to be a part of next year. Deadline to let Jason know of your interest is June 10th.
- Exam Week Calendar – Click here for this year’s June exam calendar.
- Important Year End Dates – Click here for the updated list of important dates to end the year.
- Athena Gives Back – Throughout the year we have had numerous fundraisers and community service events that continue to characterize our school as a compassionate and caring group of people. Currently, Mrs. Vail’s CIA class has been collecting clothing for the Open Door Mission. Mrs. Vail’s room is now filling up with bags and bags of clothing. She predicts it will take 3 or 4 trucks to get the clothing to the shelter.
We only have 10 more days of school with students!