The Athena High School Mission: “Our graduates will be prepared for success in college and career in the 21st century.”
Thank You for the Privilege of Being Your Principal – Over the past 10 years I have had the incredible privilege of serving the Greece Central School District community in a wide range of roles. During this decade, Greece has become like home to me. As a teacher, I fell in love with this community and the unbelievable potential each of our students possess. As an Assistant Principal, I developed a deep appreciation for the faculty and staff here in Greece that dedicates themselves to excellence in education, and the mission of ensuring all students learn at high levels. Over the past three years it has been my privilege and honor to serve as your Principal. During this time, you have consistently impressed me with your pursuit of excellence, infectious energy and the continuing desire to impact the lives of our students. These past three years have truly been a blessing and an honor in my life. Although this has been a tremendously difficult decision, I leave with countless fond memories. I have learned more than I would have ever imagined and my character has been profoundly shaped and molded by each of you. Thank you for the wonderful privilege it has been to serve as your principal these past three years.
Process for Selecting a New Principal – Click here for information about the timeline and process that the district office has laid out for selecting the next principal of our school.
Providing Your Input – Over the next 2 weeks the District Office will be gathering feedback from all stakeholders in our community on the priorities you have for the next principal. Click here to complete the survey. This survey will be live until April 25th.
Principal Interview Committee – The interview committee will consists of representatives from all stakeholder groups. If you are interested in serving on this committee please let Anna Christopher know in the main office by April 22nd. After that time, AIT will review the names of everyone interested in participating and nominate the committee. The district office is defining and leading the process, and has requested the following make up of the committee:
- 2 support staff members
- 2 teachers
- 2 parents
- 1 student
- 1 administrator
- 2 cabinet members
Need to Know:
- First Day After Break is a J Day – The Monday after break is a skinny day!
- April 22nd is a Staff Meeting – Shaun Nelms will address us regarding the transition process. We will also receive training on the new email system.
- New Email Program – We are switching email programs to Microsoft Outlook. A few days after our training on the new email system at our next staff meeting, iNotes will go away and we will all move to Outlook.
- RG&E Shutdown – Athena power will be completely shutdown for the day on Tuesday, April 15th. There will be no access to the building on that day.
- Important Year End Dates: Click here for the updated list of important dates to end the year.
- Infinite Campus Mobile App: IC now has a app for phones that will send push notifications when grades and information is updated. Please spread the news to parents and students.
Nice to Know:
- Athena Students Support “Jam for Keshequa” – Click here to view a video from Channel 13 about this great event and Chance & Garret Henry’s involvement.
- Open Letter to the Community – Click here to read the email I sent our parents and community regarding my resignation.
- Zone Printing Coming Soon – Next month zone printing will go into effect.
I hope you thoroughly enjoy to week off. May you get rested, rejuvenated and prepared for the final push towards graduation and the end of the year.