Winter break is almost upon us and this shutdown period is one of the most important of the year for saving money!
- Turn off, unplug or set back all energy using items.
- Clean out and unplug small refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers and other small appliances that have a light or non-essential clock.
- Turn off all lights, even motion sensor switches.
- Shut all blinds, windows, and doors.
- Report any problematic faucets, fountains, or toilets to the custodian.
- Coordinate with your colleagues regarding who will do these tasks in any workroom or common areas.