There is much to celebrate at Athena these days. We are through 15 weeks of school year and in one short week we will be able to take a much needed break with friends and family. There is much going on in the days leading up to the break. We have concerts that will showcase incredible musical talent. We have home sports games almost every day this week where our students represent the values of Trojan Pride with grit and determination. We will have fun at our staff meeting celebrating students and staff. We will also see the reintroduction of an Athena tradition, the Annual Holiday Assembly (rumor has it, Monica is getting ready). There is much to celebrate.
Need to Know:
- Tuesday is Our Staff Holiday Celebration – We will celebrate the holiday season in the cafe with snacks courtesy of the GTA/Admin Leadership Team. We will also have some student performances and an opportunity to express our appreciation for one another. Come prepared to tell stories about the great things you see your peers doing.
- The Next Athena Way Advisement Discussion is on December 19th – Wear your Trojan Pride shirts on Thursday and don’t forget to lead your advisement in the next Athena Way (formerly PBIS) discussion. We will continue to commit to collaboratively teaching the appropriate behaviors we need to see at Athena.
- Friday Holiday Celebration Assembly – Student musical performances and motivational speaker Don Yaeger (author of “The Blind Side”) will help us celebrate the end of the year as a community. We will have the assembly during 7th block. Do to a variety of constraints such as the number of traveling teachers we have and the lunch room schedule, we can not modify the schedule. Many people have looked and non of the suggested solutions will work. If you have a pre-planned test that block and can not move it, you can hold your students back from the assembly. If you plan do so, please tell Amy McCabe so she can plan the seating accordingly.
- Welcome Agnes Wallner – Stop in the main office and introduce yourself to our new Budget Clerk, Aggie. We are thrilled to have her join our team.
- Winter Shut Down Essentials – Click here for the need to know information about how we are conserving power over the 2 week school break for the holidays.
- New Day Rotation Begins on January 6 – Click here for the revised day rotation.
Nice to Know:
- Music Concerts This Week – The vocal concert is at 7pm on Monday and the Instrumental concert is at 7pm on Wednesday.
- Home Basketball Game with J-Mac Jersey Retirement – Friday our Boys Basketball team will play a home game which will be preceded by a ceremony retiring J-Mac’s Jersey. This event is gaining wide media attention. My dad saw it in the USA Today paper a few weeks ago.
- Pirate Toy Drive – We had students give over 250 toys. Click here for a picture and more information.
- PTSA Good Deed Award Nominations – Know of a student who has gone above and beyond? Consider nominating them for the Good Deed Award. Click here for more information.
- The Winter Classic Hockey Game – Sunday December 22nd at 5pm our hockey team, Greece Thunder will play against the Greece Lightening, outdoors at Frontier Field. Check with the AD’s office for tickets. Click here for more information.
- Great CCSS Resource – Click here for information on http://www.acheivethecore.org