I hope everyone had a restful and relaxing long weekend. I also hope you took time to reflect on and express appreciation to those who have served in the armed forces and given their lives to earn us the incredible freedom we enjoy each and every day.
Upcoming Staff Meetings:
- May 28th – Focus Meeting: Split location (Departments in the Forum Room: SS, ELA, Math, Art, LOTE, PE… Library: Science, Special Ed, Business, Tech)
- June 4th – PLC Meeting (final meeting of the year)
- June 11th – SLO Grading and Tabulation
- June 18th – TBD
- June 20th & 21st – District Based Professional Development Days (by department, information to be announced later)
- June 24 – Final Staff Meeting of the Year (morning only)
Need to Know:
- Senior Reflective Conferences: This Friday we will run a shortened schedule. We will run all four periods (the exact schedule was sent out by CJ last week and will be resent by Melanie tomorrow).
- AIT June Meeting: AIT will meet on Monday June 3rd at 2pm in room 272.
- Regents Review Sessions: Please let Melanie know when you are running review sessions so we can send them out in our weekly eNews to parents. If your review is entirely in class, please let us know that as well.
- Ignition Mentor Advisor Needed: Melanie Stevens has agreed to help coordinate Ignition this year. We have two stipends for this program. If you are interested in joining this great effort, please let me know.
- Proctoring Schedule: Reference Jackie’s email from Friday for your proctoring and grading duties during exam week.
- Independent Course Proposals: Proposals are due June 3rd or they don’t run.
- Computer Upgrades Coming Soon: Our computers will be upgraded over the next few months to Windows 7 and Office 2010. Be aware that things will look and feel a bit different.
- PBIS Committee: This sub committee of AIT has been working to gather feedback on what we can do systematically to improve the issues of respect and discipline accountability. They have asked for your input on the development of a few collective commitments we could agree to as a staff. Based on your input, they will present ideas during the Focus Meeting on Tuesday. A proposal will then go to AIT on June 3rd.
- Advisement for Next Year: Susan requested input via email regarding the time and procedures of Advisement in the new schedule for next year. This input will be shared at the Focus Meeting on Tuesday. AIT will make a final decision at the June meeting.
Nice to Know:
- 102 Students Earned Valedictory or Salutatory Honors: Nearly one third fo the entire Senior Class will graduate with this incredible honor. Never forget that we have incredible students at Athena.
- Over 150 Students Honored at the Awards Night: Last Thursday evening was an incredible time of celebration of the remarkable and talented students who are often over looked.
- Science Research Symposium on Wednesday Night: If you have time to join Jessica Evershed and the students from the Authentic Science Research class, the symposium will take place at District Office at 6pm.
- The Spring Concert: THis Thursday at 7pm in the APAC the Athena choirs, bands and ensembles will take the stage for a wonderful evening of music. Hope you can make it.
- MacKenzie Wright Wins the RBTL Stars of Tomorrow: Congratulation to Mackenzie and good luck at you head to the next competition in NYC. Click here for more details.
- Track Team Wins Championship: Congrats to the boys Track and Field Team for winning the 2013 Divisional Championship. Click hereto see a picture and read more.
- Athena Band Students Honored: Four incredible musicians earned NYSSMA honors last week. Click here for details.