Last Friday we had the Junior Class Prom… and it was Awesome. The students were outstanding. There were no significant issues and everyone seemed to have a really good time. Thank you to the 20 or so staff members who attended and chaperoned for portions of the night.
We are now officially half way through the final quarter of the school year. As we enter into the final push to the end of the year, here are a few things to keep in mind.
Upcoming Tuesday Meetings:
- Tuesday May 14th – Department Meeting (information from your AP’s and Teacher Leaders needs to be reviewed, as well as plans for review sessions shared if you are planning them and would like to have help promoting them)
- Tuesday May 21st – PLC Meeting (beginning to wrap up the year and continue preparing for exam week)
- Tuesday May 28th – All Staff Focus Meeting (reviewing the Senior Reflective Conference process, PD Committee Activity)
Need to Now:
- SLO Post Tests – If your SLO does not include a Regents Exam or a District exam… then you need an SLO post test. Please let Melanie know what you need by Wednesday afternoon so she can get and duplicate them for you. Plan your final weeks with this in mind.
- Independent Course Proposals – If your department plans to propose any independent courses, the proposals must be in to me by May 29th.
- No Student Should Be in the Halls Without a Pass – Please ensure no one leaves your classroom without a pass unless it is passing time.
- No Passes After 1:40 – AIT has requested that no one allow students out of the classroom for the last 10 minutes of each day.
- Keep All Students in Class and Working Until the Bell – Please ensure that all students remain in your class until the bell at the end of each period. The halls are starting to get busy again in the minutes before the bells.
- Record Attendance in the First 10 Minutes of Class – Per the District Attendance Protocol, please record attendance in the first 10 minutes of each block. See me if you have any questions.
- Unannounced Observations – Following an unannounced observation, the administrator may invite you to a voluntary meeting to chat about how it went. This meeting is optional and is intended to offer you the opportunity to discuss your grow. If there is anything deleterious to your overall evaluation this meeting will occur according to the guidelines in the GTA/District APPR agreement.
Nice to Know:
- Trojan TV – Click here to visit the Trojan TV blog and view recent episodes… show them in class if you have a few extra minutes.
- Track Team Update – Click here to read Coach Scott’s most recent update on the Trojan Track team.
- Vote for Mackenzie Write at the Fan Favorite – Click here to support MacKenzie!
- Video Teacher Tip: When a Lesson Falls Apart – Click here for a great video from the Teaching Channel by the National Teacher of the year on learning and reflecting when a lesson tanks.
- Students Changing the World – Click here for an interesting blog posting about teams of students from around the world that are literally changing the world.
Have a great week everyone!