Here are a few of the things to keep in mind as we head down the homestretch.
Upcoming Tuesday Meetings:
- May 7 – Focus Meeting (Celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week with Pizza from Marks and Beverages from the PTSA)
- May 14 – PLC Meeting
- May 21 – Department Meeting
- May 28 – Focus Meeting
Need to Know:
- 35 Week Progress Report – Friday May 10th is the 5 week point for the 4th Quarter. Please make sure your grades are inputed on time.
- Hallway Presence – Please make sure you are in the hall between classes to help with monitoring student behavior. This is a great way to greet students as they enter and help maintain order in the building.
- At Risk Students – There should be no surprised parents! If a student is at risk of failing your class you need to communicate this to the parents. Remember, an email is only effective communication if you hear back. A phone call is only effective communication if you speak to a parent. Messages get erased.
- Ignition Mentors – After several years of fantastic leadership, Mike and Lisa are stepping down. If you are interested in this stipend supported position please let me know by Friday.
Nice to Know:
- Music Department Shines – Athena Music Department shines at the “Stars of Tomorrow” competition.
- Scholar Athletes – 25 Track and Field Athletes honored as New York State Scholar Athletes
- Sports Pictures – Picture from Baseball’s Sprint Trip (many more sports updated on Facebook)
- Poetry Bright Spot – Emilyn Nguyen honored for outstanding poetry
- Mrs. Miceli’s Class Gives Back – Athena students participate in “Spruce Up Greece”
- Teaching Tip Video – Fostering Collaboration through GoogleDocs
- Teaching Tip Video – Using Video to Improve Your Practice
- May 6th – Greece Youth Hall of Fame Ceremony at the Town Hall
- May 8th – Budget Hearing
- May 9th – Art Show at the Mall
- May 9th – NHS Induction
- May 10th – Junior Prom
- May 15th – The 80’s Dance (BJ & Carol’s Students)
- May 18th – The Senior Ball
- May 23rd – Awards Ceremony
- May 29th – Science Research Symposium
- May 30th – Spring Concert
- May 31 – Senior Reflective Conferences
- June 3rd – Senior Instrumental Concert
- June 4th – Select Choir Senior Recital
- June 6th – Women’s Choir Senior Recital
- June 7th – Senior Banquet & Bash
- June 20th – Greece Athlete of the Year at the Town Hall